Thursday, December 3, 2015

Enough

The fire we need to feel is never ignited in the way we expect.


What do you do when you've damaged someone beyond repair but are not entirely sorry that you did it?  I knew that it would happen regardless of how it happened.  I couldn't find a way out of my dark Labyrinth.  I found my batteries recharged in the flashlight that I held all along in the hand that was too numb to feel. 

Of course things have been said and done that cannot be taken back.  I don't want them to be.  I have tasted the light side and my heavy load that I am constantly bearing is still the same but somehow different this time. 

I feel myself dancing inside of your stinging words like I enjoy them.  They fall sparking against my skin and instead of pain I'm mesmerized by the constellations they're leaving.

Dirty. I am smoldering indecently and it is delicious.

SLUT.  I sway my arms about with the S and find solace in the slope of the U. 

Free.  Rebellious.

Whore.  A word that would normally stab my inner child who is just a girl who dreamt of the fairy tales coming true in the heart is now making me skip carelessly down a glass covered sidewalk barefoot.  I bled glitter in my dreams last night. 

Liar.  Yes, by some standards I did.  I could bring up a laundry list of technicalities, but there really is no use.  Believe it or not, not everything revolves around or has anything to do with you.

Strong.  Strength.  I like that.  Something that I am finding much more than I was ever given credit for.

I'm no longer grasping for something to hold on to and coming up empty every time. 

I'm not a big fan of rewriting common sense, it's already so rare that it's a super power.  You on the other hand treat it as if it's a blue bouncing ball that you can bounce any which way but up. 

I am enough.  For me, anyway.  For now anyway.

No comments: