Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Peaceful Chaos

I won't be that girl. 
The one who whines and begs you to pick me.
Don't stare at me like that.
You, with those eyes that stare into my soul like you're looking deep into yourself.
Don't make me crave your presence.
Don't weasel your way into my heart.
I have it locked away for a good reason. 
Don't ask me why,
because then you'll know all the ways that you can make me forget and I can't have that.
Don't tell me that I'm the only one.
I know there have been dozens that you've let into that black hole you call a heart.
Don't just do something, do that thing. 
The thing that will make me stay.
Don't make me trust you.
Need you.
Love you.
Your smile is a drug.
Your touch is a dagger.
More than to be honest.
Leaving me fulfilled and yet empty.
You treat me like you think I'm something you cherish one minute and something to throw away the next.
Don't make my body crave you and then withdraw like I'm poisonous.
I'm not some dime a dozen bimbo that you can forget about.
I know that it helps you to sleep at night if you treat me as such.
There are so many questions
Stresses
Lies
My mind gets to be quiet for awhile.
It takes a lot to make my brain go empty.
One fingertip and I'm gone.
Why is it that the one thing that makes my mind race also deadens it with one touch?
I feel like I'm constantly on a journey to find new things to fall in love with.
I can't find my will to wander now that you're in my Universe.
I think I'll keep you around a little while, if that's okay with you.
I promise to destroy you in the most beautiful way possible.
I will leave you understanding why storms are named after people.
Peaceful chaos.
This is how I feel when you cross my mind.
I feel that it's only fair to return the favor.
The heavens opened up and rained down a happy accident.
We're going to be the death of each other.
I'm going to disappoint you, I can feel it.
I wish that you weren't perfect for me.
It would make it so much easier to break you.

No comments:

Post a Comment