Monday, September 14, 2015

Kiss My Messy House

Why yes, persons who shall be unnamed in this post, my house is a disaster.


It is that way because after working 40 hours a day 30 minutes away from home, spending 8 hours of therapy a week with my son, fighting against a body that feels like it's fighting through a sandpit just to move across a room, keeping my daughter on task with everything, countless hours on the computer back and forth emailing both of my kids teachers to set up meetings and making sure that we aren't having a repeat of last year lying about homework and struggling constantly and fighting with my kids to do, well... anything, I might be a little tired. 

And even then I have to find time to make meals and clean and shower and do laundry and walk and groom my dogs.  Maybe then I have mustered up enough energy to do my eyebrows and trim my nails so that I don't look like a cast member of The Walking Dead.  Manicure?  What's that?  That perfect makeup you see on my face, if I manage to do it at all, took me 3 minutes and I most likely did it in my car in the parking lot after I knew that by some miracle I made it to work on time.  I will cut you if you mention my hot mess other people call hair.

Yes, I routinely have movie time with my kids.  Yes, I could be cleaning or doing household chores while the movie is going, but that would kind of void the idea of the quality time that my kids need from me as their only parent, wouldn't it.  My kids are hilarious.  When they're not screwing around and refusing to pick up a cup and throwing things next to the trash instead of into it, they are pretty great.  Quite frankly, I'm just so elated that we haven't killed each other that by that time comes that we have an hour of quality time, you're damn right I'm going to revel in it. 

Yes, you.  Who has probably never turned on a vacuum in your life and have always had a wife do everything for you and before that it was your mother.  And you, the stay at home mom who has time to do whatever it takes to make your household perfect while you judge me.  Welcome to the world of a single mom who is so good at pretending that everything is fine on the outside that sometimes, just sometimes, everything on the inside turns to crap.  

Besides,

Image result for messy house quotes

No comments: