Friday, September 11, 2015

In Dreams

So someone can work a 10 hour shift, go out drinking with friends and then get up at the ass-crack of dawn to do a yard sale, right?

I'm about to find out.

I have weeded out so much stuff in my house.  I guess this stress that I've been under is actually good for something.  It's making me want to put a huge "For Sale" sign on my house and just let people buy whatever they need.  Merging two households together is going to be a bitch if I ever move in with "someone".  Planning for the future is kinda hard to do when you're the kind of person with the attention span that doesn't even remember what you ate for breakfast.

It's even harder to do when there are vixens in the back of your mind that are bitches. 

Mean, mean bitches.

I have had a reoccurring dream.  It keeps popping up every few months and has been going on for about 7 years now:

I come home from work, but my stuff is entirely gone.  I don't even panic;  I just calmly walk around my house looking around like it's all just moved to another room or something.  In front of the fireplace, there is this dog.  It took years for me to see what kind of dog it is, but it's a white french bulldog now, who's name is Greg.  He's wearing a little Argyle sweater and bow tie and little doggy spectacles.  Around its neck there's a note with an address.  I call my kids, who in my dream are little and they're all "It's fine, just come" like they're having the time of their lives, wherever they may be.  I'm not even worried at all.  I show up to the place.  Even though it feels like it took forever to get there, I know exactly where I'm going.  To somewhere I've never been before and I'm totally fine with it.  It's a house that I am in love with.  Like, the house of my dreams and I haven't even been inside yet.  There are no cars.  There's a path with candles leading to the door.  Kind of like that "creepy romantic" vibe that Lifetime movies are made of.  I go into the house, and all of my stuff is there.  Not even in boxes, which amazes me because it was all at my old place when I left that morning but it's all here just the way I would have set it up myself.  More candles everywhere through the house to a back patio.  All of my family is there and suddenly I look down and I'm wearing a white dress with a rainbow petticoat underneath and my hair and makeup are perfectly done in 40's pinup style.  I walk down and everyone is staring up at the sky because there's a meteor shower going on.  Then a man takes my hand, and without even looking at him I know exactly who he is and I am suddenly so happy to be there.  Then he puts a square, blue Lego on my finger and secures it with a rubber band.  I started showing everyone, so happy to have this ring because someone finally understood me enough to know how unconventional a person I am.  Nobody is saying a word, but just like in the silent movie days, you know exactly what everyone is saying and thinking. 

Then I wake up feeling sad.

Last night was the first time that I have ever seen that man's face. 

The mean bitches need to stop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment