Saturday, July 4, 2015

Accountability

Through experience, I have found that the phrase "I don't want to argue" is code for "I've said/done, or am about to say/do, something incredibly stupid and you will want to kill me."


I am so tired of being an adult.  What is the point?

Is it wrong of me to expect people to be accountable?  And I don't mean being on time, life happens.  I mean showing up at all.  Or at the very least having a really, really valid reason for not picking up the phone. 

No, getting trashed the previous day and being too hung over to get out of bed isn't allowed as one of them.  You know what you have for plans, act accordingly.

I myself look at time frames as guidelines.  There are very few exceptions, such as the time you are supposed to show up for work or the time that a movie starts or other responsibility crap that goes along with well, life.  Otherwise, the chips fall where they may. 

However, with that said, do not, I repeat DO NOT make plans with someone, especially if it meant that they had to inconveince another person's life (by getting out of work early, for example) to make the plans with you in the first place and then not even pick up the phone if you are going to choose not to follow through with those plans.

It's reverting back to childhood.

Be accountable.

If someone is not adult enough not to move on with their day because you don't want to do what you said that you would after you have the balls to tell them, the result is on them, not you.  If you hide, it is ENTIRELY your fault.

Honesty.  It's a thing.

I am mad.  I told you I'm mad.  I'm even more mad that I am that unimportant to you.

You're mad at me for being mad?  Grow up. 

Maybe it's being a single parent with responsibility coming out of my pores that hopes that other adults understand integrity.  Maybe I was just raised to be a good person who goes out of their way to show people that they matter.  Because I know how it feels to not matter to someone. 

Maybe you were hoping that I would turn into an asshole.  I can act like one if it helps you sleep at night, but it's not going to change who I am.  You know me better than that.  I'll love you anyway, and will take more of your crap if you call me again. 

Because you matter.

No comments: