Friday, July 17, 2015

Forgot To Post, Created Last Week.

Many things have happened since my last writing:

Of course when things are uneventful the way I like them to be I have almost nothing to write about :)

My son turned 12 last Thursday.  He and I had our one on one celebration like we do every year.  This year we did Pizza Hut and went to see Jurrassic World.  Then on his birthday, I cooked dinner and brought it over to dad's.  High five to the fact that I didn't spend the entire day in tears!

Dad signed him up for the Boy Scouts AND signed him up for summer camp for the week.  My son might has well have been told he was given all the gummy bears in the world (or maybe I'm the only person on the planet who would be elated about that).  He is over the moon excited.  This is something that he has wanted to do since he was 6. 

4th of July weekend came and went.  Spent the evening after work

The camp road is cleared.  My sister in law got a friend to help her cut and move them.  The kids and I went down Sunday.  She and I did some cleanup to the yard.  My soul is at peace knowing that I am now able to get to it.  Thinking that next week while my son is away my daughter and I will spend a couple of days down there.

The car is making me crazy.  Last week, the window got stuck on the rubber that surrounds it and came off the track.  "No big deal, I'll just deal with it when I get home", or so I thought.  Sure enough, stop at a stoplight, and watch as the glass slowly sinks into the door.  I have yet to attempt to fix it.

Then Wednesday of this week:  Meeting at work, then trek to Rockland to get the results of my son's evaluation.  It pretty much cemented what we knew all along, it's a matter of implementing the information that we have into an action plan that is going to work and help him be better that I'm losing my mind over.  ADHD and ODD.  Therapy is in place and has been for months.  He likes her and is a good fit.  I know that the company that she works for has a pretty high turn over rate with employees, I'm praying to every entity in the Universe that she isn't going anywhere. 

Dad picks up son and takes him to Orono to the Boy Scout store to get his uniform and all the things he needs for scouts. 

I'm on the way home from dad's.  All of a sudden there is this God-aweful grinding/banging sound under my car.  Pull over and call dad.  Police officer stops to see what is going on and make sure I'm ok. 

SIDE NOTE:  Call me a 90 year old grandmother in a 34 year old's body, but I melt every time someone stops to make sure another person is ok or goes out of their way to help someone else that they don't have to.  As someone who is in charge and does everything for herself most of the time, and really doesn't have that much of a support system when things go wrong, you don't know how nice that is, but I do. 

Dad shows up, sees that my exhaust came apart from my muffler and was hitting on my drive shaft, so it's a really good thing that I didn't attempt to limp it home.  He was able to connect it together and the car sounds better than before. 

Go to Bangor first thing Friday morning to get the boy some last minute stuff for camp, including sneakers because he went from a boy's 5 to mens 8 in 2 months.  The gas gauge isn't working.  Awesome.  Car still working fine.  I go to work.  On the way home, suddenly my engine is really loud like it was before and something dragging.  At 9:30 at night I called dad.  An hour later he came and strapped  it up.  This time the exhaust has disconnected from the engine area.  The only way to fix it is to weld it.  I am screwed, and not in any fun ways. 

Last night I laid awake waiting for the meteor to strike. 

No comments: