Sunday, April 24, 2016

Flow And Devour



Pretending not to notice that you're killing me has 

      become my favorite game.
My destruction is going to come from wanting           
            You too much and letting you know it.
I've been in a holding pattern; 
Scared by what my heart wants, 
But even more by what it doesn't.
        Don't try to fix me,
You'll only end in your own destruction.
I promised myself that I wouldn't fall in            
                         Love with you.
Laying so close to you feeling for the first time 
      In my life, so peaceful; 
       I know that I am completely screwed.
I've felt alone in this world longing for               
               That flow that I could never find.
But here I am feeling you flow through me 
          At 4 am working through a lucious fantasy 
       And I have to say it is divine.
Getting what I want with a flicker of the tongue.
The way that it doesn't take much to bend you          
                        Tells me that you feel it too.
You know something,
      It's not you who keeps me awake at night.
It's the thoughts of all the things I do;
The sacrifices, 
     the heartache, 
             the bending over backwards
Just to prove that love is worth having to stretch for.
Always giving too much of myself to the wrong people. 
Every time I've given my heart away 
          I've gotten less and less of it back.
But alas,
The most highly skilled killers will always wear the mask
       Of what consoles us the most.
If you must
At least worship me enough to keep my heart            
         In the back of your freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment