Friday, July 22, 2016

Dandelion Wishes Are Cliffhangers In Disguise

My mind isn't racing,
My thoughts aren't scattered.
The exclamation marks are quieted 
With the undercurrent of recognizing 
How weird it feels 
That it doesn't feel weird....

Replaced by breathing.

This is how you feel 
When you know you're 
In the presence of something 
You're going to learn a lesson from
And you're ready to accept it.

Or that you're over it already.

I've never been loved 
The way that I wanted to love you.
I would have done anything to have you.
Even though you rode the wind 
And made yourself unobtainable,
I kept chasing after you 
Like a dandelion wish.

I guess I should have taken that 
As a sign that you weren't meant for me.
But alas, 
I was much too busy 
using your red flags 
As a blindfold to sheild 
My eyes from the flashing lights 
On the cliff's edge 
You kept me hanging from.

But when you're the kind of person 
Who doesn't know love 
To recognize it 
When it's in front of them,
Blinded or not,
Loving them isn't going to be enough.

I know that much,
                 Now.

No comments: