Sunday, April 10, 2022

J.M.

 It was a year into my breakup, and I created a profile on plenty of fish. You respectfully messaged me and found out with delight that we're both in the same town. Trying to be smart for a change, had you meet me down at the waterfront. We said our niceties and decided to go eat at a local Chinese restaurant. As soon as I got in the car and saw your profile, I froze. I asked you your last name even though I already knew, and I almost stopped breathing when you said it out loud.

I don't know if you ever knew this, but you're that guy. The guy who was a couple of years ahead of me in school, and the second that I would see you in the hall I was completely incapable of everything that I knew up until that point. You said that nobody ever said that to you before.

I really liked you. I kept catching myself being nervous but completely fine with it. We migrated from the restaurant to the other local bar of the road and had a couple of drinks and talked some more.  Someone decided to go for a drive because we didn't want the night to end.

We went to the lake. Talked more and the second your lips hit mine I knew it was over. You were always a part of me. Something from another time.  

I died waiting for you. 

You contacted me a couple of years ago. It was shortly before my relationship ended. You're coming back to Maine, you complimented my blog and made me feel the same way. I really wanted to see you. Then suddenly you blocked me.

Just know that I can't stop thinking about what you do with your lips when you're nervous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment