Friday, May 15, 2015

Poke Me

Someone?  Anyone?  Beuller?

This week has been interesting, to say the very least.  I swear in the dating world things can change very quickly.  Either for the good or bad.  This week has been for the good. 

Car-wise, not so good.  Money is the root of all evil, and I need more of it as usual.  The stupid pipe broke off the muffler part that goes into the engine.  Something about an exhaust manifold?  According to Mr. 7 Year Itch, it's an easy fix.  He's willing, able and is going to fix it which is awesome of him.  According to Mr. Chef, it's fine just a little loud.  According to my son, it's kindda cool because now we get to pretend "that we're riding in a motorcycle, only it's safer and we don't have to wear one of those stupid helmets".   According to my dad, my car could blow up any second and I better not drive it until it's fixed.  Today, I'm going to go with my son's opinion.

As a side note, I know (almost) nothing about cars, but I can get a lawn mower started after sitting all winter in a snowbank.  Seriously, the same lawn mower that wouldn't work for me at all last year.  I had to call my dad or Mr. 7 Year Itch to get it started for me when I wanted to use it.  Every.  Single.  Time.  It didn't mean that much, I only paid $25 for it from my Great Uncle.  I left it out all winter because I hated it and was going to get rid of it come spring.  It's like my son.  Until I threaten to ground him I can't get him to do anything.  I mentally threaten it with the scrap yard and now it's like nothing was ever wrong.   I was so excited about the lawn mower working that it motivated me to rake and clean up the entire yard Wednesday.   I then went inside and cleaned some of the house. Then I was outside all day yesterday. 

Job-wise, great.  Perfect in fact.  Coming to work gives me a nice break from the other things in life.  Other than the fact that I am losing my voice due to allergies.  When you're the Switchboard Operator of a hospital, you kind of need that. 

Boy-wise, amazing.  What was once just a flash of a face or remembering something that was said that brought a smile to my face has changed into a permagrin.  There is just so much to say about all the things that I can't let out of me right now.  Mostly because I don't want to jinx anything.  Also because I keep having these weird (to me) freak out moments where I'm just happy and all I want to do is my spazzy dance in my undies, but that's not acceptable at the grocery store (or any other public place for that matter) so I can't.  Happiness is strange to me.  This kind anyway. 

No comments: