Sunday, August 21, 2016

You

I painstakingly assemble my thoughts,
I over inhale;
And then I look at you, 

Looking at me.

Every time, you render me speechless.
I can feel the overwhelming cosmic pull from the back corner of your mind
As if you have a dark passenger holding the reins on my soul.
You rip every word from my mouth,

Leaving me a useless vacuum void of sound.

I wish I could tell you how the way you told me 
That I looked timeless made me feel.
I am the lucky one to have such an admirer.
There aren't words to convince you of all that you are to me.
I've been yearning to heal and release the ugliness 
That relentlessly sears every corner of my mind.
I have spent all this time a raging sea inside of a raindrop;
My demons lashing out.
You've begun to help ease the stinging.
Trickling drops of hope that I might be a human worth knowing after all.

You have given me the greatest gift.

You've become my calm and clarity in a storm of all the things 
That were meant to make me unravel.
I apologize for the things that make me difficult.
I thought maybe you'd run from the uneasiness that makes me.
You don't realize what you've done;  accepting me.
Showing me a world where past mistakes 
And present flaws make perfect sense.
Giving me a spot to rest my racing mind and revive my defeated heart.

But I couldn't speak,
So I squeezed your hand a little harder.
You smiled slightly and moved your legs a little closer
And although I can't be sure,

I think maybe you heard me just the same.

No comments: