Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sinatra


Photo credit:  my son.  Taken last evening after getting home from assisting my friend's dog to pass on, only to have the bugger pop up like nothing was ever wrong with him as if to say "Just kidding".  Decompressing with a glass of wine and classic Sinatra.  And for me, "decompressing" is usually comprised of questioning every life choice ever made.  I'm too contemplative for my own good, most of the time.  My hands feel like they're on fire when I have something to say.  Thank Gods for keyboards.


She didn't know how to love subtly.
She felt it in her bones the way 
that some experience an earthquake; 
even when it was against her will.
Like Frank always said,
"All or nothing at all."
And it was sung right to her soul.
So with a sigh and a swig, 
   she decided that she was worth loving more       than the other man with blue eyes.

-Cynicallovebird

No comments:

Post a Comment