Thursday, September 22, 2016

Jump Start

























Some connections,
Like strong espresso,
Keep you up at night
And do funny things to your insides.
My train of thought is flying off the rails again.
I spew out into the Universe to find connections 
With my unconnected thoughts
From my heart that I like to pretend is disconnected.
Mine seems to be connected to yours with jumper cables.
It almost feels like it was a grotesquely unkind thing 
For the universe to do.
You can't take back the words I heard.
I'd love to be able to take them out 
And throw them back back into the black hole where they came from.
           But alas,
Here we are in the stare down of who is going to move first.
It's almost absurd how much space they've taken up in my brain.
These poems are nothing but a bunch of notes.
           Or are they?
Is it what you really think?
I am not afraid to peace out this time.
But then I find my serenity in your eyes
Because there is nothing but the same chaos inside us
And I'm jump started.

No comments: