Monday, November 14, 2016

Happy Anniversary

I'm in love with you.
It's as simple,
and as complicated as that.

Love is not something you can end on purpose.
I should know,
I've thrown myself off of emotional cliffs and into oceans of alcohol trying to.
I can swear I'm moving on or do my best to forget you ever existed,
but inevitably I'll still be thinking about you.
Somehow you've always had a way of showing up.

A poem like ours can never truly be finished in the soul of a poet like me.
I suppose that this is why I keep coming back to you for inspiration.
I can't get rid of the nagging in the back of my mind
that I'll finally be able to make peace with our broken pieces.

Are you free tonight?
Let's meet at that place we always talked about going back to.
We should have a drink.
I think our demons should have a chat.
Perhaps they can finally take their claws out of our backs.



No comments:

Post a Comment