Friday, June 3, 2016

Who Knows

I don't know if you can call it love.
I don't know if this is something that's going to last.
The only thing I am completely aware of is that
Any time I am near you
My heart pounds
So hard that I fear that my ribs are going to crack.
You might as well have tied me to a chair
And just fed me heartache,
Because the second I saw you
I knew that it was game over.
That,
And my brain jumped right out the window like the Cowardly Lion when it met the Wizard of Oz.
This player who played all the players isn't playing anymore.

You looked right at me like you'd never seen me before and said,
"My God you're intelligent.  Not just smart, intelligent."
As if you and I were the only two people on the planet
Who understood that there was an actual difference.

And that kids,
is the beginning of the end
of me.

No comments: