Monday, June 26, 2023

Not Today

 One day, I'll finally wake up and walk through the world like it isn't my job to hold it up.

Today isn't it.

One day, I'll finally be able to be happy to see my sister's loud and proud posts all about how amazing everyone else on the planet is without a single mention of my existence.

Today isn't it.

One day, I'll finally be excited to do something for others and I'm not ignoring something important in my life that is going to bring me to the breaking point because I'm not taking care of it instead.

Today isn't it.

One day, someone will drop everything and show up.

Today isn't it.

One day, I'm not going to feel the air sucked out of the room when my child is struggling.

Today isn't it.

One day, I'm going to be excited about dating someone whose effort matches mine.

Today isn't it.

One day, I'm going to make batches of delicious jam and not feel the sting of the lesson of The Little Red Hen.

Today isn't it.

Today just isn't it.  

But it will be.


No comments: