Sunday, March 19, 2017

Disney Lied.

Disney is a farce,
And I'm kind of pissed.
I've been left wishing with my entire being 
That we had never kissed.
Love is dead.
No prince to swoop in when I fall and bump my head.
Heart is hurting.
My ego, bruised.
Wishing I could wear someone else's shoes.
No butterflies,
There's no eternal love story.
Only common sense in all its glory.
Alcohol is the only magic potion around here.
And it doesn't make one more beautiful,
More rich,
Or more dear.
If you grab and kiss the girl without permission
It's assault you're going to see.
A meet cute?
What's that?
You've got to be kidding me.
Acting like a floozy is trashy
But standards and an opinion, 
A horrible thing.
Wishing it was cute for me to lose my mind 
And randomly dance and sing.
No acts of kindness from random woodland creatures.
You were so beautiful to me,
You made me feel I was more than my features.
Falling for you I felt was rational,
But it left my sanity fractional.
The use of my brain I didn't forget this time.
But still allowed my walls to unwind.
Wounds gaping open I've never shown;
The pieces of my heart back together you had sewn.
Never needing to rush,
You always knew just how to make me blush.
You were always so understanding,
Accepting and kind.
But the Beauty doesn't get her Beast this time.
There's no magical carpet,
Not an ancient wishing well.
You sir,
Can burn exactly in Hell.

~Cynicallovebird

No comments: