Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Quiet Curiosity

My lips curve because you somehow know the best way to trick them into a smile.
I don't talk to you nearly as often as I'd like but when we do I feel like a teenager with her first crush.  Only I've never felt that way about anyone.
I have felt a fire that I can't stop dancing in. 
Every nerve ending tickled by the flame,
sending shock waves of fear and childlike wonder.
I need you close enough to hear my whisper. 
I'm curious about you.
I know that I am feral and wild.  
I don't mean to maim you on the jagged edges of my dried up, damaged heart. 
Please don't shy from my tsunami of emotion and the tornado of my brain. 
It was you who invoked this from me against my will. 
I don't know what else to do with it except give them to you with my shaking hands.
Be warned the strings that I have tied around them are strong enough
to have been able to keep the Titanic from sinking. 
I've always been the riot maker. 
Blowing up the spirit of anyone trying to box me in. 
Untameable. 
Uncontrollable. 
Now all I want to do is lay in your arms and curl up in your peace.
I can't promise I won't freak out and rebel against it. 
I don't know what a loving touch is.
I've shied away and you patiently waited until I didn't anymore. 
I've found myself in the role of abuser and abused more than any real human should. 
Quieting the voices inside that are booming over everything else is nearly impossible when self doubt settles in. 
But you,
you refuse to give in and somehow trick them into submission with your entire being. 
You're stealing my soul one fingertip at a time and I'm frozen by the warmth.

No comments: